2012 was a great year for technology news: the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) was defeated (hooray), Facebook’s IPO didn’t quite go to plan, and Apple introduced the iPad Mini, to name but a few.
Before we begin our journey again in 2013, we take a look back on 2012 and reveal the stories you read most on The Sociable. As you’ll see from the list below, our readers love articles about Twitter and RSS, want the internet to remain free and open, and have an odd affection for Bebo.
- That’s not an airport, it’s a farm – Irish Minister for Justice considers Apple’s iOS 6 Maps dangerous
- 2012 – The web’s most interactive, real time, Presidential Election ever
- Bebo may have just shutdown
- How to generate RSS feeds for a Pinterest user & specific Pinterest Boards
- Twitter goes down within hours of Anonymous’ threat against it
- Does Sony’s new PS3 release hint at the PS4′s possible arrival date?
- Twitter account will live-tweet story of Titanic on 100th anniversary
- How to get Twitter’s new Facebook-like cover photo on your profile
- NASA’s Black Marble image shows how stunning the Earth is at night
- How Google Images can help you research your family history like never before
- Winners of the 2012 Social Media Awards announced
- Easily untag yourself from Facebook photos using this free iPhone app
- In which country is Twitter more popular than Facebook?
- Forget the Mayans, Google Now predicts the world will end on December 21, 2012
- Review: Should you import a Nexus 7 from one of the launch countries?
- Seriously, schedule your Happy New Year’s social, email & SMS message now
- One school in Ireland keeps creating winning Doodles 4 Google
- Remember Bono’s planned U2 Tower? Google Maps says it actually exists
- No, Facebook isn’t posting your private messages on your Timeline (but here’s how to make sure)
- If you don’t have Saorview yet could Freeview+HD be the answer?
Happy New Year to you all and here’s to more great stories in 2013.